Domination of Eiler: Home The Declaration of Domination The Dominator
Domination Journals: Typical Blog Xmas First Travelog Twentieth Travelog.
Heraldry of the Domination of Eiler
Like any governmental entity, the Domination of Eiler has its own flag. The Domination Flag is designed to be both powerful and friendly, like the Domination itself.
- The background is sky blue, in roughly the United Nations colors except not so cutesy, to honor the concept of a government that transcends nation-states.
- A field of checkers honors the Dominator's birthplace (Speedway, Indiana), and the concept of victory through speed. The Domination is racing to conquer you! There are 42 checkers, in honor of the concept of an Ultimate Answer (as published in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" science fiction).
- The Earth (a.k.a. "The Thing Which Must Be Dominated") is shown with Domination-held territory in the center, such that all Domination outposts as of the Declaration of Domination are visible.
- There are stars on the flag, to represent the Domination's interest in unearthly things. Two constellations are shown: the Big Dipper and the Southern Cross, to represent how the Domination will conquer both north and south. Each star has a four-pointed cruciform shape, to represent the Domination leadership's religious practice.
- A black creature is shown hugging the Earth. This creature represents the Domination of Eiler. Its black color represents how world domination is sometimes seen as evil. But it's smiling, because the Domination of Eiler is a happy place.
The Domination of Eiler flag is sometimes represented as the "Hug the Earth Flag", for the benefit of those Domination citizens who prefer Warm Fuzzies over Mighty Domination. It may also be presented as the Eiler household crest.
For about a year after the Declaration of Domination, the Domination used the Brotherhood of Evil Minions battle flag from its own Web fiction.
But since then, the Domination flag has been modified to have fewer colors (three instead of five). This not only makes the flag cheaper to produce (for the convenience of the Domination's flag merchants), it makes it easier to produce a Domination Ribbon with the flag's colors. If the Dominator's fictional analog lived in a real world without militia friends who could help produce custom flags, he'd have done the same.
In response to its citizens' demand for ribbon-shaped decorations for their cars, the Domination of Eiler has its own patriotic ribbon, in Domination colors (sky blue with black and white checkers). This ribbon is informally known as the "Next-to-Last Ribbon", because it is exempt from the Declaration of the Last Ribbon.